1 lb. spicy sausage
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 (10 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes with jalapeños, drained
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
No nutrition information available
Fill middle bowl portion of water/wood chip tray with your choice of wood chips. Fill outer ring of tray with water.
2. Preheat smoker to 225°F
3. Place sausage links on smoker rack.
4. Close door and let sausage sit in smoker for 30-60 minutes.
5. Take sausage off rack and bring to stove.
6. Cut up sausage into small pieces and place in large, deep skillet.
7. Add chopped onions and cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally
8. Mix in diced tomatoes with jalapeños. Allow mixture to simmer on low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
9. Add cream cheese and sour cream into the mixture. Season with crushed red peppers.
10. Empty contents of skillet into medium bowl and serve hot.