1 pound pizza dough
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked halfway and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup flour, enough to flour work surface
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ cup breakfast sausage, out of casing
3 scallions greens, sliced into ¼ pieces
No nutrition information available
- Pour olive oil evenly over a baking sheet.
- Cut pizza dough in half and roll into tight balls.
- Place them on oiled baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to rest at room temperature for 30-45 mins.
- Generously flour your work surface and place one dough ball in the center.
- Stretch and pull the dough until you have about a 12-inch circle.
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- Add bacon onto griddle and cook until first side is just starting to brown and get crisp, 4-5 mins.
- Flip bacon and repeat.
- Remove bacon and place onto paper towel lined plate.
- Increase your griddle to high heat.
- Place stretched dough onto griddle until dough is set and very lightly browned about 30-45 seconds.
- Then slide dough, cooked side down, onto your Cuisinart 13” Round Grill Topper pan. Place your Cuisinart 12” Circular Wire Rack onto the center of the griddle and place the pizza and pan on top.
- Spread half of the tomato sauce on the pizza, making sure it is even.
- Leave about ½ inch of the crust un-sauced.
- Next, evenly sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese over the sauce.
- Pinch ¾-inch pieces of sausage off and dollop evenly over pizza.
- Then add half of the bacon and immediately cover the griddle with lid.
- Once the pizza is golden brown and the cheese has melted, which should take 10-12 minutes, place 3 eggs onto pizza, make sure they are spaced out evenly.
- Keep griddle on high, cover again and cook until egg whites are set, and yolks are still a bit runny, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to cutting board and sprinkle with scallions, slice into pieces and serve immediately.