Chef Matt Jennings has created the ultimate dish to be served as either an entrée or appetizer. Who doesn’t love quesadillas? Wait until you make these! Smoky, cheesy quesadillas with a green chili punch.
2 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound Grilled chicken, coarsely chopped
1 4-oz can Diced green chilies, drained
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1 teaspoon Ground cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ cup Medium or mild salsa
8 Flour tortillas, quesadilla size
2 cups Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, grated
No nutrition information available
- Set up in the ceramic sear plate into your Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill.
- Place your Cuisinart cast iron skillet onto the grill. Place your Cuisinart cast iron pot onto the grill. Turn the grill to ‘sear’. Close the lid. Allow it to come to temperature for 15-25 minutes.
- Once pre-heated, drizzle the oil in your Cuisinart cast iron skillet.
- Add pulled chicken meat and cook, breaking up meat.
- Add green chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add salsa and cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Remove and clean skillet before returning to Woodcreek.
- To assemble quesadillas, on a cutting board, top each tortilla with ⅛ of the chicken mixture and ⅛ of the cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 quesadillas.
- With the grill still on the ‘sear’ setting, toast the quesadillas on the cast iron griddle with the lid open, about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve immediately.