No servings information available
1 ¼ cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup buttermilk
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup honey
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ¼ cup frozen cranberries
No nutrition information available
- Place cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, and butter until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into large bowl of dry ingredients and fold until almost combined and there are still a few streaks of dry flour.
- Add cranberries and fold gentle until well combined and evenly distributed.
- Grease a disposable aluminum roasting pan and pour in batter.
- Smooth the surface and give the pan a few light taps on your counter.
- Preheat your griddle to medium high heat and place a wire rack onto the center.
- Place the roasting pan onto the rack and place griddle lid on.
- Do not remove lid for the first 12 minutes.
- Check the cornbread by inserting a toothpick into the center.
- If the toothpick has a few dry crumbs attached and the surface is golden brown it is ready to be removed, if not, place the lid back on and cook another 5 minutes.
- Allow cornbread to cool on the wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice into equal pieces and serve with softened butter.