• 6 Red bell peppers
• 1 Onion
• 1 jar store bought or homemade Salsa
• One chipotle pepper in adobo
• 1 lb. Ground sausage
• Fresh cilantro
• Shredded pepper jack cheese
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• 1 egg
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
No nutrition information available
1. Chop onion and sauté in oil until soft.
2. Add ground sausage and sauté until cooked through
3. Add ¾ of the jar of salsas and finely chopped chipotle pepper.
4. Let sausage simmer till a thick sauce forms. About 15/20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400.
5. Spread the remaining salsa on the bottom of an oven safe baking dish. Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Place peppers cut side up in dish.
6. Pour sausage into a large mixing bowl. Add bread crumbs, beaten egg, chopped fresh cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and fill each pepper eaqually.
7. Top peppers with cheese and bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and starts to brown.