Our friend, Chef Matt Jennings created this recipe to showcase versatility of the Cuisinart Woodcreek Pellet Grill & Smoker. This is a perfect sweet and smoky summer dessert that is easy to make and will wow your guests.
12-ounce Brioche bread (1 loaf)
4 cups Chocolate cake made ahead (even store-bought), cubed
2 ½ cups Whole milk
¼ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla
¼ teaspoon Salt
5 large Eggs
1 ½ cups Mini marshmallows or large marshmallows
No nutrition information available
- Preheat your Cuisinart Woodcreek 4 in 1 Pellet Grill to 350°F. Close the lid and allow it to come to temperature for 25 minutes. Slice the loaf of brioche and cake into 1-inch cubes. Toss them together and set aside.
- Prepare the cocoa custard filling: Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Then add the milk, and cocoa powder. Pour over the cubed cake mixture and toss gently to coat all pieces, then fold in 1 cup of the marshmallows until evenly distributed and set aside for at least 1 hour to soak.
- Spray a ‘brownie pan’ (9x9-inch or deep 8x8-inch baking dish) with pan spray. Next, pour soaked bread and marshmallow mixture into the pan. Pack it in as tightly as possible — you may have some bread left over (this can be cooked in a smaller loaf pan or even muffin tin, separately). Pour the remaining cocoa custard filling if there is any- evenly over the top of the bread. The filling should come almost to the top of the dish with some peaks of bread cubes left exposed. Top the pudding with the remaining ½ cup of marshmallows.
- Spray a piece of foil large enough to cover the pudding with pan spray. Cover the pudding loosely with the foil.
- When ready to bake, lift the top of the Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill and put the bread pudding on the grill, on the left side- away from the direct heat source.
- Bake until the pudding is slightly firm to the touch and bounces back. About 1 hour. Test the doneness of the pudding by inserting the tip of a knife or a wooden skewer- it should come out cleanly. Next, remove the foil from the pudding and bake until the tips of the bread cubes are crisp, and the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Let the pudding cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Upon serving, crumble graham crackers all over the top. Serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.