1 dozen scallops
1 pound thinly sliced bacon
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Cuisinart Roasted Chipotle Garlic Seasoning
No nutrition information available
- Remove rack from smoker and bring to workstation.
- Fill middle bowl portion of water/wood chip tray with your choice of wood chips.
- Fill outer ring of tray with water.
- Preheat smoker to 215°F.
- Place scallops in large zip lock bag.
- Pour oil in bag and roll bag around until scallops are coated in oil.
- Place barbecue rub in bag and roll around until scallops are coated in barbecue rub
- Place bag in refrigerator for about 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove bag from refrigerator, take a scallop out of the bag and place at one end of bacon and roll until bacon wraps around the scallop.
- Cut the bacon once it wraps completely around the scallop and overlaps by about ¼ of an inch.
- Place a toothpick through bacon wrapped scallop until it pokes evenly out the other side.
- Repeat this process for each scallop.
- Sprinkle the barbecue rub on top of each bacon wrapped scallop.
- Put each bacon wrapped scallop on smoker rack.
- Place rack in smoker and close. Let sit in smoker for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until scallops are finished cooking.