1 lb. ground (spicy) breakfast sausage
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
No nutrition information available
1. Remove rack from smoker and bring to work station.
2. Fill middle bowl portion of water/wood chip tray with your choice of wood chips. Fill outer ring of tray with water.
3. Preheat smoker to 225°F
4. Combine 8 oz. of cream cheese with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese in medium bowl. Mix until ingredients are evenly blended.
5. Cut stems off jalapeños. Slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs.
6. Fill each half-jalapeño with the cream cheese/cheddar mixture until it is slightly over the brim of the jalapeño.
7. Flatten the 1 lb. of sausage onto a non-stick surface.
8. Lay one of the stuffed jalapeños onto the sausage and cut a piece of the sausage big enough to wrap around the jalapeño.
9. Wrap the sausage around the jalapeño and repeat the process until the sausage is gone.
10. Pour a generous portion of the barbecue rub on a plate or in a bowl then roll the armadillo eggs in the rub until they are evenly coated.
11. Lay out the eggs on the smoker rack.
12. Place rack in smoker and close. Let sit in smoker for 1 to 1.5 hours depending on thickness of sausage.