Griddler® Position: Closed Selector: Grill/Panini Plate Side: Grill
No servings information available
- 1½ cups shredded/chopped cooked chicken*
- ½ cup chopped cooked onion (sautéed until tender)
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers
- 6 tablespoons shredded low-fat Cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 9-inch flour tortillas or wraps (can use plain, herb, spinach)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information per serving (one quesadilla): Calories 366 (24% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 43g • fat 10g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 100mg • sod. 564mg • calc. 289mg • fiber 1g
- Insert the plates on their grill side. Preheat Cuisinart® Griddler® to High with the unit closed.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, onion, and jalapeño peppers. Sprinkle half the cheese in the center of each tortilla. Top with the chicken mixture, keeping the chicken mixture in a “log” about 1½ inches wide and 4 to 5 inches long in the center of the tortilla. Fold one side over the filling lengthwise to cover, fold top and bottom over short sides to cover, then fold last side over to close. Turn over so that flap is on bottom.
- Lightly brush the tops and bottoms of the wraps with the olive oil. Place quesadilla wraps on preheated Griddler®. Close, using medium-light pressure. Grill/bake for 3½ to 4 minutes, until tortilla is warm with grill markings, filling is warm and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. *This can be from a purchased roast or rotisserie chicken.