Makes about 10 to 11 cups
1 small zucchini or yellow squash
1 cup green beans
1 medium carrot
1 medium celery stalk
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, drained
1 cup dried pasta (ditalini, elbow macaroni, tubetti or small shell pasta)
1 bay leaf
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes with juice
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Chopped fresh parsley
Freshly grated, shaved or shredded Parmesan
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 110 (15% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 565mg • calc. 50mg • fiber 4g
1. Insert the Slicing Disc adjusted to 7mm. Slice green beans through the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
2. Remove and reserve. Insert the Dicing Assembly. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Dice the small zucchini or yellow squash on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Dice the carrot and celery through the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
4. Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, cut into 1-inch pieces and 3 garlic cloves into the work bowl.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
6. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the tablespoon of olive oil with the reserved carrot and celery with a teaspoon of oregano.
7. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
8. Add the reserved green beans, drained can of kidney beans, 1 cup of pasta, bay leaf, 4 cups of broth, and both cans (14 ounces each) of tomatoes with a teaspoon of salt.
9. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
10. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
11. Add the reserved zucchini/squash. The cooking time is set for an additional 18 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2
12. The vegetables and pasta should be cooked. Add additional time if necessary.