Makes about 3 cups
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch freshly ground nutmeg
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 214 (31% from fat) • carb. 35g • pro. 2g • fat 7g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 20mg • sod. 179mg • calc. 53mg • fiber 5g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 cups of water to the work bowl. Put 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces, into the Steam Basket and place into the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 25 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
3. Remove Steam Basket. Potatoes should be tender enough to mash. Discard the water and wipe the work bowl dry.
4. Insert the Whisk and add the steamed potatoes. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to mash for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
5. Scrape bowl and add 4 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup pure maple syrup, ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and ground cinnamon, and pinch ground nutmeg.
6. The processor is set to mix ingredients together for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.