Makes about 6 cups
5 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cans (28 ounces each) plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 sprig fresh basil
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 67 (51% from fat) • carb. 7g • pro. 2g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 3mg • sod. 122mg • calc. 42mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 5 garlic cloves to the work bowl and secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
2. Scrape the Work Bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and one tablespoon butter.
3. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
4. Add 2 cans of plum tomatoes with juices, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon each black pepper and oregano, and 1 sprig of fresh basil.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 1 hour at 205°F on Speed 2.
6. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 6.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.