Versatile in use, lemon curd can stand on its own or be a supporting role in many delicious desserts.
Makes 3 cups
4 to 5 medium lemons
5 large eggs
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
No nutrition information available
1. Zest and juice 5 lemons. Reserve separately. You should have about ¾ cup lemon juice.
2. Insert the Stirring Paddle. Add 5 large eggs and 1½ cups granulated sugar to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
3. The processor is set to mix for 2 minutes on Speed 10.
4. Scrape the bowl. Add reserved lemon juice and zest, 2 tablespoons each cornstarch and room temperature butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 190°F on Speed 6.
6. Skim any foam off the top. Transfer to a heatproof container to cool before using.
7. If not using immediately, store in the refrigerator with a piece of plastic or wax paper directly on the surface.