Simple dish to enjoy as a taco filling, rice bowl protein, or salad topper!
Makes about 8 to 10 servings
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 onion, cut into quarters
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cilantro sprigs
1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half and seeded
1 cup water
½ lime, juiced
Nutritional information per serving (4 oz): Calories 183 (30% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 30g • fat 6g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 127mg • sod. 315mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 0g
1. Season 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, with teaspoon each ancho chili powder, cumin, and salt.
2. Toss the seasoned chicken with quartered onion, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2 cilantro sprigs and halved and seeded jalapeño.
3. Put into the work bowl with 1 cup water. Be sure that the chicken is submerged. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set to 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
4. The cooking time is set for an additional 50 minutes at 205°F.
5. Allow chicken to cool slightly in the liquid. When cool enough to handle, remove the chicken and strain the liquid.
6. Shred or chop chicken by hand. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid to achieve desired consistency. Add fresh lime juice to taste. Adjust seasoning, according to preference.