Makes about 6 pancakes
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut to fit large feed tube
3 ounces yellow onion (about ½ small onion)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Nutritional information per pancake: Calories 64 (54% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 1g • fat 4g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 16mg • sod. 250mg • Calc 6mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Shred 1 pound of peeled, Yukon gold potatoes and then 3 ounces of onions on Speed 12.
3. Transfer the shredded potato and onion to a clean tea towel which has been laid out on the counter.
4. Over the sink, use the tea towel to wring out as much liquid as you can from the potato and onion.
5. Transfer ingredients to a mixing bowl. Add the beaten egg, 1¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix together well.
6. Form small pancakes with your hands, squeezing out any remaining liquid.
7. Place a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
8. When the oil shimmers in the pan, add pancakes. Cook approximately 4 minutes on each side until golden brown or as preferred.