The meat needs to marinate overnight, so plan ahead. It is worth it!
Makes about 6 rice bowls
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup mirin
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pound boneless short ribs, about 1-inch thick
2 small carrots
2 cups long-grain white rice
3 cups water
1½ cups prepared kimchi
1½ cups watercress
½ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Nutritional information per bowl: Calories 457 (41% from fat) • carb. 48g • pro. 19g • fat 20g • sat. fat 66g • Col. 57mg • sod. 1376mg • calc. 167mg • fiber 3g
1. Mix ½ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup mirin, 2 tablespoons each brown sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil, 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces and crushed garlic clove together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add a pound of boneless short ribs so that they are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Once meat is marinated, line the Steam Basket with parchment. Remove meat from marinade.
4. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 1mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
5. Slice 6 radishes on Speed 12.
6. Remove and reserve. Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
7. Shred 2 carrots on Speed 12.
8. Remove and reserve the carrots separately from the radishes. Wipe out the work bowl and add 2 cups long-grain rice and 3 cups water.
9. Place the short ribs in the lined Steam Basket and then place the basket into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
10. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F.
11. The cooking time is now set for an additional 20 minutes at 205°F.
12. Remove the Steam Basket. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, ribs may be quickly seared on the stove to fully brown.
13. Place 1 cup of rice in each serving bowl. Evenly divide the 1½ cups kimchi, watercress and reserved carrots and radishes among the bowls.
14. Thinly slice the meat and evenly place in each bowl. Garnish each evenly using ½ cup cilantro and the 2 tablespoons sesame seeds.