Buckwheat Mocha CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
Vegan Gluten-Free Nut-Free Cookies
Hint: the thinner you roll the dough, the crispier the cookie."
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons cacao powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2-3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup nondairy chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift the ground buckwheat flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and strong coffee. Add just enough coconut milk to make a dough that is well combined: not crumbly, but not sticky.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place the dough on top.
5. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the dough, and press the dough out into a circle.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!