MochaccinoCuisinart Original Recipe
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 illy® iperEspresso® capsule
3 tablespoons cold skim milk
1 teaspoon shaved bittersweet chocolate or unsweetened cocoa powder (for garnish)
1. Swirl half of the chocolate syrup around the inside of a mug and place on the latte/cappuccino tray.
2. Using the lever, open the brew head, insert the capsule and close the brew head.
3. Put the milk into the stainless pitcher.
4. Press the Steam Button. Once the button stops flashing, submerge the steam wand into the pitcher of milk and steam. Gently use an up and down motion to keep wand submerged but slightly toward the top of the milk to produce a nice foam. Turn dial to stop frothing; reserve.
5. Press the Short button to brew espresso. When brewing process is complete stir in the remaining chocolate syrup and slowly pour the steamed milk, out of the side of the pitcher, into the espresso. Top with a thick layer of foam and sprinkle with the shaved chocolate or cocoa. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 1 serving
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!