½ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 garlic clove
4 cans (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup lemon juice
⅓ cup water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 74 (31% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 2g • fat 3g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 0mg. • sod. 190mg • calc. 22mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, teaspoon each lemon zest and salt with a garlic clove to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to blend for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the bowl. Add 4 cans (15.5 ounces each) of drained chickpeas, ¼ cup each tahini and lemon juice, ⅓ cup water and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
4. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12. When started, add ¼ cup olive oil through the small feed tube.
5. Scrape bowl if necessary and continue to blend on Speed 12 until desired consistency.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.