An alternative to oatmeal, this hearty breakfast is packed full of protein to get you going!
¾ cup steel-cut oats
½ cup short grain brown rice
½ cup quinoa
⅔ cup chopped pecans
⅔ cup raisins
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cinnamon sticks
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch ground nutmeg
2¼ cups water
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 432 (38% from fat) • carb. 63g • pro. 8g • fat 19g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 0mg • sod. 126mg • calc. 29mg • fiber 8g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ⅔ cup pecans. Pulse to chop, about 5 long pulses. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Stirring Paddle.
2. Add ¾ cup steel-cut oats, ½ cup each short grain brown rice and quinoa, ⅔ cup raisins, ¼ cup shredded coconut, 2 tablespoons each pure maple syrup and coconut oil, 2 cinnamon sticks, ¼ teaspoon salt, pinch nutmeg and 2¼ cups water.
3. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 45 minutes at 195°F on Speed 2.
4. Allow cereal to rest for an additional 5 minutes with Cooking Lid in place.
5. Remove cinnamon sticks and serve immediately.