This French-style burger is rich and delicious.
Plate Side: Bottom Grill/Top Griddle
Griddler® Cooking Position: Flat and open with smoke-less
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1¼ teaspoons salt, divided
¼ cup water
24 ounces ground beef
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices Gruyère cheese
4 brioche rolls
Nutritional information per serving (1 burger): Calories 638 (60% from fat) • carb. 25g pro. 39g • fat 43g • sat. fat 16g • chol. 133mg sod. 1064mg • calc. • 182mg • fiber 1g
1. Combine the onion slices, 2 teaspoons of the oil and ¼ teaspoon of the salt in a bowl.
2. Turn on the Cuisinart® Smoke-less Contact Griddler®. Select Smoke-Less mode and set both plates to Beef.
3. Once preheated, put the onions on the upper griddle plate of the Smoke-less Contact Griddler®. Set the count-up timer and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring from time to time with a heatproof spatula, until onions are soft. Once the onions are soft, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to the onions and stir until water evaporates.
Repeat until onions are very soft and caramelized, about 10 more minutes, adding water as needed. Remove from griddle and reserve.
4. When the onions are just soft, form the ground beef into 4 even-sized patties, 6 ounces each. Sprinkle both sides evenly with the salt and pepper. Brush with the olive oil. Add the burgers to the bottom grill
plate, and cook, about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. Top with cheese and transfer to plate to rest.
5. While the burgers rest, split the brioche rolls and place onto the upper griddle plate, face down. Cook until lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Top each burger with some of the caramelized onions and serve in the