Makes about 4 cups
½ pound good quality bread, cut in ½ inch cubes
1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup parsley leaves
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large shallot, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Granny Smith apple, cut to fit the medium feed tube
½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cups chicken broth, low sodium
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 210 (54% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 4g • fat 13g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 33mg • sod. 637mg • calc. 32mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ½-inch bread cubes cut from ½ pound of bread on a baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, until dry to the touch.
2. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces and ¼ cup parsley to the work bowl.
3. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set for 8 seconds on Speed 12 to chop.
4. Remove and reserve. Add the onion, shallot and 2 celery stalks, each cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl and chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
5. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Dicing Assembly. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Dice the peeled and cored apple through the medium feed tube on Speed 12.
6. Replace the Dicing Assembly with the Stirring Paddle and add ½ cup butter cut into tablespoons. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
7. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 275°F on Speed 3.
8. Add reserved green onion and parsley, 1½ teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon dry thyme and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix with the bread cubes and add 1 cup of chicken broth.
9. The cooking time is set for 30 minutes at 180°F on Speed 3.
10. The stuffing may seem wet. Stir thoroughly, replace cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.