These almond cookies are a must make for Christmas.
1 large egg yolk
1tbsp milk or heavy cream
3/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup finely ground almonds
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup softened unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp table salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
No nutrition information available
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In small bowl, beat yolk, cream, and almond extract with fork until combined; set aside.
3. Combine almond mixture with flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
4. In standing mixer, cream butter, sugar, and salt at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer running at medium speed, add yolk/cream mixture and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in flour/almond mixture until combined. Scrape down bowl and give final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no flour pockets remain.
5. Use cookie press to form cookies, Press cookies onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking time. Cool cookies on baking sheet until just warm, 10 to 15 minutes; using metal spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
6. When cookies have cooled dust with powdered sugar.