An alternative to the traditional potato pancake, spiralizing the vegetables gives this version a lacy look.
- 1 medium, wide carrot, about 6 ounces
- 1 medium parsnip, about 6 ounces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
No nutrition information available
- Assemble the Cuisinart® Spiralizer with thick julienne setting. Spiralize the carrot and the parsnip.
- Stir the green onions, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper into the vegetables and toss all together in a larger bowl.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, form patties out of the carrot/parsnip mixture. Be sure to squeeze out all excess liquid well with hands when forming. Reserve.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the pan is hot and the oil shimmers, across the pan. add pancakes to the pan and cook in batches so that they are not crowded. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels briefly before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!