- 1 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperatur
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Calories 89 (31% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 3g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 30mg • sod. 148mg • calc. 32mg • fiber 0g
- Preheat griddle.
- While the grill is preheating combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the buttermilk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Do not over-mix.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop batter onto the preheated griddle plates. Cook cakes until bubbles form on the surface, about 3 to 4 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 3 1/2 minutes longer.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!