Makes 12 meatballs
½ ounce Parmesan cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 garlic clove
2 slices stale Italian bread
1 pound sirloin roast or beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 recipe *Marinara Sauce*
Nutritional information per serving (1 meatball): Calories 142 (39% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 12g • fat 6g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 10mg • sod. 326mg • calc. 1018mg • fiber 1g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ ounce of Parmesan cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces and 1 garlic clove to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Tear the 2 stale slices of bread into pieces and add to the work bowl. The processor is set for 20 seconds on Speed 12 to grate the bread into crumbs.
4. Add the pound of sirloin roast or beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Pulse to chop about 10 long pulses.
5. The processor is set to process for 15 seconds on Speed 8.
6. Form evenly by hand into 12 balls. Clean and dry work bowl well.
7. Prepare *Marinara Sauce* or add 5 cups prepared marinara to the work bowl.
8. Add the meatballs to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 1 hour at 210°F with no speed.
9. Serve immediately or keep warm until serving.