Makes 10 bagels
1 cup warm water
2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon honey
1½ cups brown rice flour
½ cup sorghum flour
½ cup arrowroot starch
½ cup tapioca starch
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per bagel: Calories 135 (5% from fat) • carb. 30g. • pro. 2g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 121mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Put 1 cup water into a measuring cup with 2¼ teaspoons yeast with 1 teaspoon honey. Let stand until foamy.
2. Insert Dough Blade. Add 1½ cups brown rice flour with ½ cup each sorghum flour, arrowroot starch and tapioca starch, ½ teaspoon each xanthan gum and kosher salt to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
3. The processor is set to sift for 10 seconds on Speed 6.
4. While running on Speed 10, slowly pour the reserved liquid ingredients through the Steam Vent and run until a dough ball is formed. Once formed, keep processing for 30 seconds.
5. Gather and shape into a smooth ball. Remove Dough Blade and put dough back into work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set to proof for 30 minutes at 85°F.
6. Remove dough and separate into 10 equal pieces. Roll each into a long cylinder.
7. Form a ring and attach the ends together by lightly brushing the ends with water to secure.
8. Rest, covered with plastic wrap until size increases slightly, about 30 to 40 minutes.
9. While bagels are resting, bring a large pot of water to boil and preheat oven to 400°F.
10. Boil bagels in batches for about 30 seconds.
11. Note: Add any desired toppings (e.g., poppy seeds, sesame seeds, etc.) once boiled and before baking.
12. Place on a lightly oiled baking pan and once all are boiled, bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.