Red Pepper Basil Creamy Pine Nut Pesto
1 cup raw pine nuts
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 small/medium red bell pepper, cored and chopped into quarters
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil when blending
1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt to taste
1. Add pine nuts and garlic with 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil to frying pan, toast on low heat for 3 minutes
2. Transfer to Cuisinart food processor, set aside
3. Place red peppers and cayenne pepper in frying pan with 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and saute’ for 5-7 minutes on medium heat
4. Transfer to food processor, then add basil leaves, 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt to taste
5. Blend on high until creamy consistency
6. Serve over pasta!
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!