Savory Garlic Potato Cheesecake
4 slices white bread
7 cups peeled russet potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks (about 3 lbs)
4 tablespoons butter
5 cups sliced onions, 1/4-inch thick (about 1 lb)
8 garlic gloves, peeled and crushed
3/4 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley, divided
2 large eggs
3 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Fresh spring garlic greens for garnish (when available,optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Make fresh breadcrumbs: Place bread into food processor and pulse 2-3 times. Sprinkle crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. You should have 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs. Set aside and increase oven temperature to 375°.
3. In a large pan over high heat, place the potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add onion and garlic and sauté until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add milk, salt, and pepper and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
5. Pour the milk mixture, in batches, into a food processor and process until smooth. Add the cooked potatoes and cream cheese and process again until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and the eggs. Pulse until combined.
6. Mix 1 1/4 cups of the breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and spread in the bottom of prepared pan. Spread potato mixture over the breadcrumb layer. Mix the remaining breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by sliding a thin metal knife around edge. Cool 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan. Serve warm, garnished with greens from spring garlic if desired.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!