Makes about 9½cups
1 medium onion, peeled and cut to fit the medium feed tube.
1 Japanese eggplant about ½ pound, cut in half widthwise
1 small zucchini
1 celery stalk
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons sea or kosher salt, divided
1½ teaspoons dried oregano
1½ teaspoons dried basil
2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, strained, reserving 1 cup of the juice
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 37 (37% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 134mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 4 garlic cloves. The Food Processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on speed 12.
2. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Dicing Assembly. Secure Food Processor Lid. Dice 1 onion, 1 eggplant, and 1 zucchini through the medium feed tube on Speed 12.
3. Dice the carrot and celery through the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
4. Replace the Dicing Assembly with the Stirring Paddle. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
5. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 275°F on Speed 3.
6. Add 1½ teaspoons each oregano and basil, 2 roasted red peppers cut into 1-inch pieces and ¼ cup of wine to the sautéed ingredients.
7. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Add 3 tablespoons tomato paste, 4 cans diced tomatoes strained with 1 cup of reserved juices, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
9. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set to 2 hours at 205°F on Speed 3.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference. If a smoother sauce is preferred, blend for 45 seconds on Speed 10.