A hearty side dish that goes well with chicken or pork dishes, and can also be used as a filling for vegetarian-style quesadillas.
1 zucchini, diced/cubed
½ yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt/black pepper/red pepper as needed
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned) - if canned, drain and rinse
1 teaspoon Dried oregano
1 teaspoon Dried parsley
No nutrition information available
1. Heat the oil in a pan on med/high, then add carrots, onions and red pepper flakes, and saute for 3-4 mins.
2. Add zucchini and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
3. Add the garlic, cook for 2-3 more minutes, then add the black beans.
4. Stir to coat and warm for 2-3 mins, then add Worcestershire sauce to deglaze.
5. Add salt/black pepper, then corn, stir to cook for 3-4 more minutes. Sprinkle with dried oregano and parsley, stir then turn off heat and cover pan to keep warm.