2 boxes of (32 oz.) chicken broth
5 tbsp. butter
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup of Pinot Grigio
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 cup coarsely grated Fontina cheese, plus more for garnish
8 ounces cooked chicken breast diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
Salt and Pepper to taste
around 400 calories
1. Bake chicken breasts at 375 in a shallow pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, dash of salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3. In a large Dutch pan, add chicken stock, over medium heat.
4. In another large Dutch pan: add garlic and onion and butter cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
5. Add rice and thyme; cook, stirring, until the rice is glossy, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
7. Add couple dashes of salt and pepper.
8. Ladle in the hot broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, allowing all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is just tender and creamy, 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Stir in Fontina and Parmigianino cheese and remaining 1 tbsp. butter.
Garnish with cheese and thyme leaves.