Oven roasting the vegetables lends deep flavor to this restaurant-style salsa.
Makes about 2 cups
2 pounds ripe tomatoes, quartered
2 small to medium onion, quartered
2 jalapeños, cut in half and seeded
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Nutritional analysis per serving (¼ cup): Calories 119 (76% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 1g • fat 11g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 0mg • sod. 577mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put 4 peeled garlic cloves, 2 pounds ripe tomatoes and 2 onions each quartered, and 1 jalapeño onto the sheet.
2. Toss with 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 2 teaspoons salt.
3. Bake until completely charred, about 40 to 45 minutes. Turn the vegetables occasionally for even browning. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
4. When vegetables are cool to touch, insert Metal Chopping Blade and add the vegetables to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
5. Pulse until desired consistency is achieved, about 8 to 10 times for chunky.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with tortilla chips or alongside grilled meats.