¼ cup of oatmeal, 2 cups of water, ¼ cup of brown sugar, 3 cups of milk, 1 cinnamon stick, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg, 3 shots of espresso (separated), sugar to taste, a dash of cinnamon (optional)
1. Prepare the shots of espresso. Set aside.
2. Blend the oatmeal and water in a blender until you achieve a liquid substance. Strain the liquid and discard the solids.
3. In a medium pot, heat the oatmeal liquid, water, brown sugar, milk, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Once the mixture boils, lower the heat and simmer until the mixture becomes creamier and is reduced by ¼.
5. Pour hot mixture into three mugs. Add a shot of espresso to each mug. Add additional sugar to taste, and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.