4 medium zucchini, trimmed
1½ cup marinara sauce
2ounces Pecorino Romano
1pound (about 2 cups) whole-milk ricotta
2 tablespoons packed fresh basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
Pinch kosher salt
Olive oil, for spraying
No nutrition information available
1. Coat a 9x9-inch square baking dish with the olive oil. Reserve.
2. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into thin slices, about ⅛ inch thick. Sprinkle the slices lightly with salt to draw out water; let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before patting dry with paper towels.
3. Shred the Pecorino. Remove half and reserve. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the sauce, to the prep bowl with the Pecorino and stir to combine.
4. Coat the bottom of the baking dish with about ¼ cup of the tomato sauce. Line the bottom of the dish with zucchini slices, slightly overlapping, into a single layer. Spoon ⅓ of the ricotta mixture onto the slices and spread evenly. Coat with a little more of the sauce, repeating the process twice more. Arrange the last of the zucchini slices on top and coat with the remaining sauce.
5. Preheat the Cuisinart AirFryer Toaster Oven on Bake to 400°F and set for 25 minutes with the rack in Position 1.
6. Once preheated, place the baking dish onto the rack and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the reserved mozzarella evenly over the top and bake for the remaining 5 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
7. Allow the lasagna to set for 5 minutes prior to serving.