A stuffed pepper which is good when company comes or just to have on a cool fall evening.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pond chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh frozen corn
- ½ cup blueberries washed and dried
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 6 Medium Poblano Peppers Roasted, Skinned, and Seeded
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In medium pan heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Crumble sausage into pan stir to break up any clumps.
- Add cumin, onion, and red bell pepper, sauté for three minutes add corn blueberries quinoa cilantro and lemon pepper, and red pepper flakes stir to mix well.
- Turn down the heat to medium low simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using sharp knife cut a slit in each pepper and remove any membranes that are still there.
- Using a spoon gently stuff peppers with the sausage mixture place peppers on cookie sheet sprinkle with cheese bake until cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven add a dollop of Crema.