1 can green enchilada sauce (I used Las Palmas brand) (small can if you don't like a lot of sauce or a large can if you like your enchiladas saucy.
1 pound ground chicken or turkey, or cooked chicken
1 large onion, finely chopped
chili powder, to taste
light sprinkle of cayenne pepper (⅛ teaspoon or so)
cumin, to taste
1 cup mixture of jack and cheddar cheese (more if you put cheese in the enchiladas, shredded
1 small can chopped olives or 1 can whole olives, sliced
12 four tortillas
No nutrition information available
1. Brown ground turkey (or chicken) and onion that has been seasoned with cayenne, chili powder and cumin to taste. Add ½ cup of enchilada sauce to meat/onion mixture.
2. Turn off heat. Stir in a tablespoon or two of sour cream if desired.
3. In 9 x 13-inch glass dish, pour ½ cup or so of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.
4. Lay tortilla on flat surface, put a scoop of meat mixture (and a little cheese if desired) in tortilla and tuck in the sides, then roll up. Place in glass dish, seam side down. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
5. Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce, a layer of shredded cheese, and olives.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until heated throughout (30-45 minutes depending on whether they have been refrigerated).