A tangy and spicy beer can chicken recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken (approx 5 lb)
- 7 Limes
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 6 serrano peppers
- 3 shots of Tequila
- 1 large white onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 6 tablespoons molasses (or ¼-cup brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 head of garlic (approx 12 cloves)
- 1 can of beer
No nutrition information available
- Mix all the ingredients and brine the chicken in the marinade overnight in a large plastic container. I usually allow 6 hours minimum for a 5lb chicken.
- The next day, open the can of beer and pour out half the beer. Place the chicken sitting upright on the beer can so that it is resting vertically. Place in the oven at 375 for about an hour and a half. After the 1 hour mark, check the temperature of the chicken every 10-15 minutes until it is approximately 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven once at the right temperature. Wrap in foil to let the chicken rest, then serve and enjoy!