This healthier version of "fried" chicken is so easy, and you can satisfy your cravings for this wonderful comfort food without adding the fat and calories of the original version.
4 pieces of chicken
plain bread crumbs
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon cajon spice mix
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 pie plates
1 cookie sheet
1 cooling rack
No nutrition information available
1. Pour some bread crumbs into a pie plate and add spices. If you do not like cajon spices, omit and/or add your own spices.
2. In another pie plate, whisk together an egg and the milk.
3. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture, then dredge into the bread crumb mixture. Repeat.
4. Place a baking rack on a cookie sheet and coat with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces on the cooling rack and spray each with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.