• 2 lemons ( if dirty, rinse, see notes) or sub tofu see notes
• 1/ 4 cup olive oil
• 4–6 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 2 teaspoons salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 1 ounce package of fresh tarragon leaves, rough chopped, about ¼–⅓ cup
• 1 extra large bunch asparagus, trimmed, (about 1½ pounds)
• 1–2 large leeks, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
• 1– 1.5 lbs chicken breast ( boneless skinless)
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. In a small bowl make the marinade. Place the zest of one lemon, and its juice ( about 3 tablespoons) in a small bowl. Add oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and mix well until salt dissolves. Add ½ of the fresh tarragon, saving the rest for garnish.
3. Place trimmed asparagus in a bowl and spoon some of the marinade over top. Toss to combine and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Add leeks to the same bowl, toss with a little marinade and spread out on the sheet pan. Lastly add the chicken breasts, with remaining marinade, coating well. Nestle the chicken amongst the asparagus.
4. Zest the second lemon over the whole sheet-pan and slice the lemons into rounds, layering them over the asparagus. Place in the hot oven.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Chicken should read 160-170 F. To get a more golden color broil for just a couple minutes.
6. Remove from the oven. Give everything a little toss, turning chicken over to coat the top with the flavorful juices. Sprinkle with remaining fresh tarragon and serve.