1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cups water
2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup fresh mint, chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
pinch ground cumin
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 88 (41% from fat) • carb. 12g • pro. 2g fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 0mg • sod. 54mg
calc. 41mg • fiber 3g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ¾ cup parsley leaves and ¼ cup mint leaves (rinsed and dried well) into the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Dicing Disc Set. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Dice 2 plum tomatoes and 2 Persian cucumbers using the medium feed tube on Speed 12. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
5. Add 4 cups cooked quinoa, 1½ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 4 tablespoons each fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Mix together so that all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
Instructions for the pressure cooker:
1. Put the bulgur and water in the cooking pot of
the Cuisinart® Multicooker. Secure the lid and
select Rice/Grains. Set the pressure to High,
the time for 6 minutes, and press Start.
2. When the tone sounds, press the Steam
Release button to quickly release pressure.
3. Once all of the pressure is completely
released, carefully open the lid and add the
remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning and serve