An elegant and delicious entree that's as easy as 1-2-3. Great for parties or a Sunday family dinner. You just gotta try this!
- ½ package frozen puff pastry (one Sheet), thawed
- Four 8oz boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ¼” thick
- 4 thin slices of ham, ¼” x 4 to 5”
- 4 ½” x 3” sticks Fontina Cheese
- Beaten salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- 2 eggs whisked with 2 tablespoon water
No nutrition information available
- Place 1 sheet puff pastry on smooth surface dusted with flour. Roll into a 14” square and cut into four 7" squares. Separate squares with a dusting of flour and set aside in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
- Place one chicken breast on clean surface or clean cutting board. Season each breast with pinch of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Place one slice ham on chicken. Place one stick fontina cheese below the center. Moisten edges of chicken with egg mixture. Roll up in envelope fashion, folding the edge nearest you up, moisten edge and fold in the two sides. Moisten edges and roll tightly, sealing edges with egg mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Place seam side down on a clean plate and refrigerate chicken rolls 15 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
- On clean surface or clean cutting board, place 1 square in a diamond style. Place one chicken roll seam side down on each square. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Moisten edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold pastry over chicken rolls in envelope fashion previously described, sealing edges with beaten egg. Brush egg mixture over the top and dust with paprika. Repeat with remaining pastry and rolls placing packets evenly with space in between on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes until golden brown. Let rest on baking sheet 8-10 minutes before serving.