Award-winning chili: 1st Place Best Spicy Chili
Serves an army, but freezes well.
- 2lb tri-tip beef, cubed
- 3 bottles Guinness (or other Dark Stout)
- 2lb ground sirloin
- 2 packages smoked beef sausage, cubed
- Two 6oz cans of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons ancho chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons chipotle chili pepper
- 6 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper, finely ground
- 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
- Two 28oz cans of tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
No nutrition information available
- Place the cubed tri tip in a large bowl and add 3 bottles dark stout, such as Guinness. Brown 2lb ground sirloin and then add to Guinness/meat mixture. Take two packages of smoked beef sausage and cut into small cubes, add to Guinness/meat mixture. Allow meats to soak for 4 hours in the refrigerator, covered.
- Pour mixture into a stock pot on the stove. Mix the two cans of tomato paste into the Guinness/meat mixture until well blended. Add the spices to the pot to create a thick paste with the meat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 1-2 hours. Then, transfer to a crock pot and slowly simmer the chili on low for several hours or overnight.