A delicious, nutrient-dense meal that is EASY-to-make, simple ingredients, lots of vitamins, rich flavor, and grain-free, but still filling. This meal is perfect for a weekday meal, it saves for left-overs the next day, and is family-friendly where everyone is happy at dinnertime! Hope you enjoy!
- 1.5lbs of organic ground red meat
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (buy or make using your Cuisinart food processor)
- 29oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 15oz can organic tomato sauce
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2tbs honey
- 2-4tbs olive oil
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (optional)
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Spoon out seeds. Drizzle olive oil in both sides of squash and make sure edges are covered. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Lay cut side down, onto baking dish. Cook for 35-45 minutes until tender. Use fork to pierce skin to check squash.
- Chop all veggies and set aside. Use either pre-riced cauliflower bag or use your Cuisinart food processor to dice.
- In frying pan, put olive oil 1-2tbs olive oil and set heat to medium heat. Begin by cooking diced garlic and chopped onion for 2-3 minutes. Then, add cauliflower, ground meat and seasoning. Cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Add apple cider vinegar and honey, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook on LOW heat and let simmer for another 3-5 minutes, mixing everything evenly.
- Serve sauce in spaghetti squash boat, or skip the boat and serve over gluten free pasta noodles. This sauce can be doubled and frozen for dinner another night. Enjoy!