A secret recipe handed down by the grandparents for our large family. Burgers made with all of the ingredients on the inside. So juicy and tender that even us kids loved them and we got our garden fresh veggies in the summer! Easy to make for a large group of people either in the oven or on the grill.
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef (85% lean)
- 1½ cups cubed bread
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup ¼" cubed American Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (sub: yellow)
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 TBS Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add ground beef to a large bowl and combine with bread, milk, onions, green peppers, cheese, eggs, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Make sure to mix together all of the ingredients with your hands. Carefully pack the meat mixture into hamburger shapes. Don't pack too tight, slightly loose is best.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Time will need to be adjusted based on thickness of your burgers. Thicker is better and medium to well is best. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving to let juices and melted cheese settle. Best served on Potato rolls with lettuce and tomato.