These simple burgers get their “richness” and flavor from the short ribs. Play with the ratio of the two meats if you prefer a leaner burger.
Makes about 10 burgers
1 pounds sirloin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 pounds short ribs, bone removed and cut into
Nutritional information per burger: Calories 400 (55% from fat)
- Carb. 0g • pro. 45g • fat 24g
- Sat. fat 11g • chol. 163mg
- Sod. 115mg • calc. 34mg • fiber 0g
- Assemble the meat grinder fit- ted with the coarse or medium plate. Attach meat grinder to the mixer. Turn the stand mixer to Speed 3 and grind the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Form into patties, being care- ful not to overwork. Cook burgers on the grill or a heavy bottomed pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium.