Prep time - about 15 minutes
Cook time - about 15 minutes
Quick, easy and full of flavor.
1 lb large uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 tbsp fresh garlic root, chopped
2-3 med sized garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar
1-2 cups uncooked brown rice
2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1 red jalapeno, chopped (optional)
1/2 white onion, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup rose wine, i.e. - white zin (optional)
Approx 200 Calories
1. Prepare brown rice as per instructions, either on stovetop or in rice cooker.
2. In a saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Drain, reserving approximately 2 tbsp of broth.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium-high and saute shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, until they start to change color.
4. Add asparagus and season with garlic, soy sauce, ginger and optional jalapeno and onion. Continue sauteing, mixing the ingredients well.
5. Sprinkle salt and sugar and mix. Continue sauteing until shrimp is cooked. Vegetables should still be a tad crunchy.
6. Shrimp and asparagus can be served over brown rice, or you can throw some cooked rice in the pan to create a fried rice dish.