Sandwiches can be served hot, made ahead of time for a picnic, or cut in half as appetizers!
- 1½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1½ cups cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
No nutrition information available
- Place the red cabbage in a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons cider vinegar and a pinch or two of kosher salt. Let stand until softened and bright in color, at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and ½ cup water.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Rub the pork with the spice mix and place pork in your 6 Quart 3-In-1 Cook Central® Multicooker. Pour over the vinegar seasoning and bake at 350 F until pork is tender and separates easily when pulled with a fork, 2 to 2½ hours.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and shred with forks. Transfer to a large bowl and add back some of the juices for your desired moisture level.
- Pile the pulled pork on the rolls and top with the tangy cabbage slaw, and barbecue sauce, if desired.