Every family has its own special recipes for the holidays. Try this one at your next holiday gathering to start your own tradition. The chopping and slicing tasks take just moments with your Cuisinart® Prep 11 Plus™ Food Processor.
6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 ounces matzo (about 2 large matzo), broken into 8 pieces
½ cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 ounces shallots (about 2 medium), peeled and halved
8 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned
8 ounces butternut squash, peeled, cut to fit feed tube
8 ounces russet potato, peeled, cut to fit feed tube, placed in a bowl of water to cover
1 teaspoon herbs de Provence or thyme
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup low-salt chicken broth
123 Calories (32% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 4g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 27mg • sod. 112mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 2g
1. Heat Cuisinart® Convection Toaster Oven to 375°F on Convection Setting.
2. Coat 1¼ quart (5 cup) oval baking dish and a piece of foil large enough to cover the dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place matzo pieces in the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Prep 11 Plus Food Processor. Pulse to break up, then process until fine crumbs, about 30 seconds; remove and reserve.
3. Place parsley in work bowl; pulse until finely chopped. Measure out 2 tablespoons of parsley for garnish. Add the remaining parsley to the matzo crumbs, along with 3 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper; stir and reserve.
4. Place shallots in work bowl; pulse to chop, 5 times; reserve. Remove the metal blade and insert the 4-mm slicing disc. Arrange the mushrooms in the large feed vertically; use light pressure to slice. Repeat until all mushrooms are sliced; reserve.
5. Place the butternut squash in the large feed tube; use firm pressure to slice; reserve. Drain and dry potatoes; arrange in large feed tube; use medium pressure to slice. Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with water.
6. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a Cuisinart® 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Stir in shallots and herbs de Provence. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer until shallots are softened and translucent. Let cool.
7. Drain potatoes and pat dry thoroughly. Layer half the potatoes in the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon seasoned matzo crumbs; repeat. Layer the all the mushrooms on top of the potatoes; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the seasoned crumbs. Layer half the sliced squash over the mushrooms; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the remaining seasoned crumbs. Arrange remaining squash over top.
8. Insert metal blade in Cuisinart® Prep 11 Plus™ Food Processor. Process egg and chicken stock until well blended, about 10 seconds. Carefully and slowly pour egg mixture over vegetable layers. Sprinkle remaining seasoned matzo crumbs evenly over the top. Cover loosely with foil, oiled side down.
9. Bake covered in the preheated 375°F oven for 40 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove foil and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, until top is browned and crispy. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Serve hot.