These pizza rolls are my families favorite. My daughter loves to help create them. We decided pizza tastes better when we make them ourselves!
8 - three rolls each
5 cups all purpose flour
1 package dry active yeast
1 cup milk
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup salted butter
2 beaten eggs
1 15 oz jar pizza sauce (any kind)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 package sliced pepperoni
No nutrition information available
1. In large bowl, stir 3 cups of flour and the yeast together.
2. Over medium heat, stir together milk, sugar, and butter, until butter is melted.
3. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and stir together.
4. Once the heat has cooled slightly, add eggs and stir together. Add flour until you cannot mix any more in.
5. Flour surface and knead dough until stiff, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Allow dough to rise and double in size. Then punch down and turn the dough out onto a flat surface. Let the dough rest on counter for 10 minutes, making sure there is enough flour on surface that the dough will not stick.
6. Cut dough into two equal parts. Roll each part into a circle and cut into 8 wedges, as if making crescents.
7.Spread pizza sauce over one side, place three to five pieces of pepperoni and 1 tablesoon cheese on the wedge.
8. Roll the crescent starting from the large side of the wedge, being careful to leave room for the sauce, meat and cheese.
9. Place rolls in a warm place and allow to rise for thirty minutes.
10. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until tops are brown.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Enjoy them warm!